- Free Naloxone Giveaway from the NJDHS
- Free Naloxone Giveaway from the NJDHS (Spanish)
- Ramsey Mobile COVID-19 Testing Flyer
- Virtual Mental Health Awareness Training
- Tick-Borne Disease Resource Toolkit
- Food Establishments Currently Open for Pick-Up and/or Delivery
- What You Should Know About: Feeding Deer
- What You Should Know About: Rabies
- Executive Order No. 2020-01F Golf Courses/Parks Reopening
- COVID-19 Guidance for Essential Retail Businesses
- COVID-19 Guidance for Restaurants & Bars
- FAQ’s on COVID-19
- FAQs For Close Contacts/People Tested
- CDC DIY Cloth Face Covering Instructions
- Cleaning and Disinfecting Your Home
- How To Take Your Temperature
- Instructions For Persons Who Test Positive
- Instructions For Persons Who Test Negative
- Take Out/Delivery Food Containers - COVID-19 UPDATE
- What to do if you are sick - CDC
- COVID-19 Risk Level for the General Public
- COVID-19 update
- New Jersey Expands COVID-19 Call Center Options
- Handwashing - Germs Are Everywhere
- Handwashing Video
- Mayor Dillon COVID-19 Update 7/10/2020
- Mayor Dillon COVID-19 Update 7/2/2020
- Mayor Dillon COVID-19 Update 6/26/2020
- Mayor Dillon COVID-19 Update 6/19/2020
- Mayor Dillon COVID-19 Update 6/12/2020
- Mayor Dillon COVID-19 Update 6/5/2020
- Mayor Dillon COVID-19 Update 5/29/2020
- Mayor Dillon COVID-19 Update 5/22/2020
- Mayor Dillon COVID-19 Update 5/15/2020
- Mayor Dillon COVID-19 Update 5/8/2020
- Mayor Dillon COVID-19 Update 5/1/2020
- Mayor Dillon COVID-19 Update 4/28/2020
- Mayor Dillon COVID-19 Update 4/25/2020
- Mayor Dillon COVID-19 Update 4/17/2020
- Mayor Dillon COVID-19 Update 4/11/2020
- Mayor Dillon COVID-19 Update 4/7/2020
- Mayor Dillon COVID-19 Update 4/5/2020
- Mayor Dillon COVID-19 Update 4/2/2020
- Mayor Dillon COVID-19 Update 3/24/2020
- Mayor Dillon COVID-19 Update 3/19/2020
- Mayor Dillon COVID-19 Update 3/16/2020
*for more information please visit the CDC & NJ websites
Ramsey Volunteer Helpline
Call 201-825-3400 ext. 279
If you need help: Leave a message with your name, address, telephone number, and a description of the help you need.
To volunteer: Leave a message with your name, address and telephone number.
- NJDOH COVID-19 Toll-Free Hotline: 1-800-222-1222 or 1-800-962-1253 if using out-of-state phone line
- The New Jersey Department of Human Services a toll free warm line is activated during events that impact the mental health of New Jersey residents: 877-294-HELP (4357)
- State of NJ COVID-19 questions and information hotline: Dial 2-1-1
- If you believe price gouging is occurring, contact the New Jersey Division of Consumer Affairs - 973-504-6240 or go to njconsumeraffairs.gov to file a complaint.
- HERO Call Line - If you are a Frontline Worker and need to talk. Call 551-800-HERO (4376) Monday-Friday 9AM-8PM for free support and services.
Registrar of Vital Statistics
Marriage License Application
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for inquires.
Where To Apply:
If you are planning to be married in New Jersey, state law requires that you apply in the town where either of the applicants live. If neither of the applicants lives in New Jersey, then you apply in the town where the marriage ceremony is going to take place. If you are being married in another state, you must apply in the state where you plan to be married.
By Appointment Only
The Registrar is located on the second floor of the Municipal Building.
- 33 N. Central Ave, Ramsey, New Jersey 07446.
- Call 201-825-3400 ext. 245 to schedule an appointment
- Registrar Hours: 8:30am - 4:30pm Monday - Friday; last appointment is at 4:00pm
Who Must Come To Apply:
- Both applicants - Both applicants must appear in our office to apply for a marriage license.
- Witness - One witness, who is over 18 years of age is required to be present
What To Bring:
- Proof of identity such as your driver’s license, passport, or state/federal I.D.
- Proof of residency – Driver’s license, utility bill, lease agreement, or tax bill
- Your social security card or social security number*
- A witness, 18 years of age or older
- Marriage Officiant Information – Applicants should have information about who is going to marry them, where, and when, which includes a mailing address and phone number for the officiant
- $28.00 application fee - either exact cash or a check payable to Borough of Ramsey
- *Social security number is required by law for US citizens and will be kept confidential. Any documents in a foreign language must be accompanied by a certified English translation.
Three (3) Day Waiting Period:
In New Jersey there is a mandatory three (3) day or 72 hours waiting period from the time that you apply for a license until you can pick it up for use. If you are planning to be married on a particular weekend, the latest that you can apply is the Tuesday before, in order to satisfy the three days (72 hours) by Friday, since we are NOT open on the weekends for the release of marriage licenses. Once you pick it up the license is valid for 30 days.