- Boards & Commissions
- Planning Board
- 7:30 p.m.
- 1st and 3rd Tuesday of the month
- Council Chambers
33 N Central Avenue
Ramsey, NJ 07446
- Thursday before scheduled Planning Board meeting
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes
Any individual giving sworn testimony at a public hearing held during a remote public meeting shall appear by video in addition to audio, and this is pursuant to Rule 5:39-1.7 of the Requirements for Virtual Meetings.
Chick-fil-A - Carried to June 6, 2023
Evergreen Property Holdings, Inc. - Carried to June 6, 2023
Master Plan Committee
Planning Board By-Laws
- Mayor Deirdre Dillon
- Councilwoman Judith Cusick, Council Liaison, Class III Member
- Michael Palumbo, Class II Member
- Joseph Carey, Class IV Member, Environmental Liaison
- Joseph Verdone, Class IV Member
- Bayron Zabala, Class IV Member
- Bryan Garbasz, Class IV Member
- Roger Iorio, Class IV Member, Chairman
- Steven Strollo, Class IV Member
- Christian Grissoni, Alt. 1
- David Hals, Board Engineer
- Mary Ann Lupo, Board Administrative Secretary
- Bruce E. Whitaker, Esq., Board Attorney
ResponsibilitiesThe Planning Board is responsible for the preparation and adoption of the Master Plan, which is the guide for development of all amendments to the Land Development Regulations. The Planning Board also reviews all proposed subdivision of land for compliance with Chapter XXXV, Section VII of the Land Development Regulations, which contains all standards for development of new streets, sewers and utilities.
The Planning Board is charged under the Land Development Regulations with the responsibility to review all site plans, parking projects, and major building projects for proper design and drainage according to standards.
The Planning Board, through the Master Plan and Land Development Regulations, sets the pattern for development of the community. It has additional powers under the Land Use Law. It conducts hearings and may grant certain non-use type variances.
Business Related ResponsibilitiesWaivers are reviewed at the Application Review Committee (ARC) meeting. Time frame: Approval or denial of waivers is received at the Tuesday night meeting.
A Continued Certificate of Occupancy is not issued until the Building Department receives a copy of the approved Waiver of Site Plan from the Planning Board.
The required inspection depends on the type of business. Inspections are made within 72 business hours.