All sessions of Ramsey Municipal Court are being conducted virtually. Unless you are subpoenaed to appear in person or directed to appear in person by court staff do not report on your scheduled court date. All complainants, defendants, attorneys and involved persons must contact the Ramsey Municipal Court via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (201) 825-0988 to provide your email address and telephone number within seven (7) days of receiving a court notice. Parties are encouraged to contact the Ramsey Municipal Court well in advance of their schedule court date.
• Plea by Mail:• Your Day in Court: https://www.njcourts.gov/forms/10959_yourdayincourt_8x11.pdf?c=vb
Virtual Security in the courtroom Recording of Virtual Sessions in Courtroom
• Do I qualify for a Public Defender:https://njcourts.gov/courts/assets/municipal/indigencyguidelines.pdf?c=KRC
• Where may I pay my fine? www.NJMCdirect.com
• Municipal Court Appeal Forms: https://www.njcourts.gov/forms/10559_muni_appeal_kit.pdf?c=QQ0
• Court Fines:https://www.njcourts.gov/attorneys/assets/directives/dir_15_20.pdf?c=aNi
• NJ Motor Vehicle Commission Point Schedule:http://www.state.nj.us/mvc/Violations/penalties_pointSchedule.htm
• Records Request Application Form Online: https://www.njcourts.gov/selfhelp/index.html
Court sessions are normally held on the second and fourth Tuesday of every month at 5:00 p.m.
Matters Heard by Municipal Court
The following matters are heard in Municipal Court:
- Borough ordinance violations
- Criminal matters
- Traffic and parking summons
Small claim matters are not heard in this court.
Pay Traffic Tickets
Payment of fines for traffic tickets may be made online at NJMCdirect.