Municipal Court Update & Helpful Links:
Municipal Court sessions will now be conducted virtually/remotely to minimize exposure to COVID-19. Accordingly, all complainants, defendants, attorneys, victims are to contact the municipal court via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (201) 825-0988 to provide your full name,
e-mail address, and cell phone number within seven days of a court notice.
•Plea by Mail:
• Your Day in Court: https://www.njcourts.gov/forms/10959_yourdayincourt_8x11.pdf?c=vbt
• Municipal Court Opening Statement https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_zJg-XLde0
• Do I qualify for a Public Defender:https://njcourts.gov/courts/assets/municipal/indigencyguidelines.pdf?c=KRC
• Where may I pay my fine? www.NJMCdirect.com
• Municipal Court Appeal Forms: https://www.njcourts.gov/forms/10559_muni_appeal_kit.pdf?c=QQ0
• Court Fines:https://www.njcourts.gov/attorneys/assets/directives/dir_15_20.pdf?c=aNi
• NJ Motor Vehicle Commission Point Schedule:http://www.state.nj.us/mvc/Violations/penalties_pointSchedule.htm
• Records Request Application Form Online at https://www.njcourts.gov/selfhelp/index.html
Court sessions are normally held on the second and fourth Tuesday of every month at 5:00 p.m.
Matters Heard by Municipal Court
The following matters are heard in Municipal Court:
- Borough ordinance violations
- Criminal matters
- Traffic and parking summons
Pay Traffic Tickets
Payment of fines for traffic tickets may be made online at NJMCdirect.